We are looking for a Mechanical Design & Testing Engineer to join the technical team in Houston. The successful candidate will be responsible for applications development – working with a team of engineers, designers, and technicians to take projects from requirements, concepts, and feasibility through to development and commercialization.
Full job description
BiSN is a quickly growing organization that is bringing game-changing solutions to market for downhole sealing in the Oil and Gas Industry. BiSN develops downhole metal-to-metal sealing tools for applications in plug & abandonment, through tubing intervention, water & gas management, and drilling & completions.
We are looking for a Mechanical Design & Testing Engineer to join the technical team in Houston. The successful candidate will be responsible for applications development – working with a team of engineers, designers, and technicians to take projects from requirements, concepts, and feasibility through to development and commercialization. The position will require definition of tests and qualification plans, regular engineering calculations, and working knowledge of downhole tool design rules and best practices. A good understanding of Wireline Tool technologies is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop new tools and applications for the company’s product lines.
- Define and clearly communicate test and qualification plans and procedures.
- Analyze test results and write detailed reports documenting the findings.
- Plan timelines and maintain oversight of items throughout the production and testing cycle.
- Perform root cause analysis on lab and field tests and implement corrective actions.
- Conduct design analysis and engineering calculations.
- Produce 3D models and drawings used for manufacturing and assembly of test equipment and downhole tools.
- Document and organize associated engineering product file.
- BS in Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering.
- Proficient in 3-D CAD software. SolidWorks preferred.
- Practical knowledge of product development, including definition of qualification test plan.
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
- Authorized to work in US without restriction.
- Preferred: 2+ years’ field or development experience with downhole or subsea equipment. Cased hole wireline tools or through tubing tools a plus. Completion or downhole coil-tubing experience a plus.
Other important skills and qualities include:
- Resourceful problem solver: Able to come up with innovative solutions to difficult problems.
- Thorough: Able to communicate project plans and results clearly and completely.
- Evidence-Oriented: Able to translate testing data into design decisions and communicate the learnings from testing programs.
- Sees the big picture: Considers manufacturing and operations elements when making design decisions.
- Health and Safety focused: Must prioritize the health and safety of self and others when developing testing plans and tool designs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $95,000.00 per year
Apply on Indeed